Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The passing of beautiful talent…

Cayle Chernin
Yesterday afternoon, I saw an old neighbourhood colleague of mine in a grocery store commercial (I think it was for Metro). Later that evening, I was informed that she had passed away. I knew she was fighting ovarian cancer, so it wasn't a complete surprise but still…

The name of this lovely actress is Cayle Chernin.

Today, I received an email from Theresa Tova that told me something that I did not know:
Cayle was a fighter. She told me she had "no investment in the outcome of her disease" and continued to pitch producers with new movie projects and even performed scenes in her Monday night acting group which moved to the palliative care unit to accommodate Cayle's continued participation.
Thanks for those words Theresa. I can only hope that no matter how dire my circumstances in health ever be, that I will always pursue what makes me happy in life (for both my art and my relationships) with such gusto until the end of my days!

No comments:

Post a Comment